Popular posts from this blog
Unfolding Objects - Papercraft Preview
Papercraft Previews: Tried to make a sewing machine, but couldn't get the shapes to convert to 2D. Despite being constructed from geometric forms, I ran into problems with Rhino recognizing edges/corners to move properly, or large portions of my object disappearing when I ran the MeshBooleanMerge or explode functions. They also ended up with random lines across surfaces that defined nothing. From here I took a step backward to model a simpler shape. At this point I understood all of the things we did in class and could easily perform the steps of flattening geometric forms, but once I started adding personal expression and construction to the process I found I was getting tripped up... Experiment 1: Sewing Machine Object 1: A Rural Mailbox This object was the first success I had while figuring out how to unroll more complex shapes - I discovered that I was struggling with the MeshBooleanMerge feature, which kept introducing strange fragmentary artifacts. I also had some dup...
Transmogrification
Remix Culture is an approach to object theory whose proponents value the ability to repurpose or reuse existing assets to further material expression. It is an argument against the blunt instrument of copyright ownership, which can be seen to limit or prevent reinterpretation of existing creations. From an artistic perspective, Remix Culture serves to interrupt societal scripts which make certain functional objects psychologically "invisible," or so naturalized in daily life that they disappear into routine procedures. Through the process of remixing, or combining two or more objects, the artist aims to disrupt those scripts and, in doing so, fundamentally change the inherent meaning of one or both items. In this series of 10 3D sketches, I am exploring what concepts can be explored through the juxtaposition of unexpected pairings of pre-existing 3D assets. Item 1: "Nurture v. Nature" "Feed me..." The last vestiges of naturalism which dot your home, filli...



Comments
Post a Comment